What is PCOS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is PCOS?

My sister and my brother - in - law have been married for 8 years and still, my sister didn't conceive. They met during college so they used birth control until they've settled down. Now, they want to raise a family, but they couldn't! They tried to seek medical help it turned out that my sister has PCOS. What is it? Please enlighten my world!

Your sister has the condition. I guess that it is better to ask her as she could be able to explain it more.

Comment

• Samanthy009
      Samanthy009 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, but it should be better to go to the doctor right? Susanna23

• Samanthy009
      Samanthy009 commented
      Editing a comment
      Lomma89 Did you try to ask them? You better try, you know.

• Lomma89
      Lomma89 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I already did, and she said that it's really hard to have a child with someone like her. Samanthy009

Girl, Google would be able to help you more than we can. I am not into those things, and I am so young to think of those stuffs. Is it a condition for older people or something?

Comment

• Janeth445
      Janeth445 commented
      Editing a comment
      I think its not a condition for older people rather than a syndrome which is a health problem that affect women from giving birth.

• Lorane12
      Lorane12 commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh yeah, health problems. That sounds sad. Janeth445

• Janeth445
      Janeth445 commented
      Editing a comment
      Lorane12 also, this does not just affect older people. Even young girls can have this.

Well, you should be concerned if you are obese. Most women who have that condition are the obese ones. I guess that obesity brings lots of bad things to the body.

Comment

• Lomma89
      Lomma89 commented
      Editing a comment
      What's with the obese? grace34

• grace34
      grace34 commented
      Editing a comment
      Franzem67 Being obese can cause of heart attack, and that is dangerous.

• grace34
      grace34 commented
      Editing a comment
      Lomma89 You should be aware of that. and why don't you try to search for it? I am sure you will get an answer to it.

Your sister should not aspire to have a kid anymore. I do not think that her condition would let her bear a child. Maybe, they should consider an adoption.

Comment

• HGDF745
      HGDF745 commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh yeah I forgot about that. they should not be stressed. Susanna23

• Susanna23
      Susanna23 commented
      Editing a comment
      HGDF745 And it says that hormone deficiency causes them to miss menstrual cycles, making it difficult for them to conceive.

• Janeth445
      Janeth445 commented
      Editing a comment
      Celine123 Yeah, there is a chance that she can have a baby of her own, I just don't want her to disappoint if she can't have one.

You could ask your sister about it. I am sure that she would be able to state the most basic thing about it as it is her own condition. Anyway, I have a friend who has that condition. Now, I realized why she just hooks up very often.

Comment

• Gracia3
      Gracia3 commented
      Editing a comment
      And you're thinking that she's doing it very often in the hopes that she might get lucky end up getting impregnated?

• Lomma89
      Lomma89 commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol, hook ups are for single people. and she is already married now and I think it's good now. OnlyChristina

Why are you too shy to ask your sister what PCOS is? I don't she's going to be mad at you if you asked her about her condition.

Comment

• Paloma12
      Paloma12 commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe they have that love-hate relationship going or she feels that they're not that close to talk about those kind of things.

• Freeza12
      Freeza12 commented
      Editing a comment
      There are sensitive people who get mad if they are asked about their conditions. Her sister could be one of those people.

Like most folks here suggest google and I'll just pass you the result, it says common symptoms are irregular periods, weight gain and the obvious result is difficulty getting pregnant. Hope this enlighten you girl.

Comment

My sister was also diagnosed with PCOS but she was able to be pregnant. Try consulting an ob-gyne for effective treatment of the PCOS.

Comment

• Deanne12
        Deanne12 commented
        Editing a comment
        NotAlone I think it did well and maybe have normal carriage along the way as well as the child.

• Shafted
        Shafted commented
        Editing a comment
        NotAlone yes, it went well but it was a rough journey.

• Lomma89
        Lomma89 commented
        Editing a comment
        Really? I think my sister already did that and they are trying, they even say that it really works. Shafted

How old is your sister? they said that it's hard to gave a baby if a girl is 35+

Comment

Working...
      X